So far this year, S&C products have saved
*Calculated based on utility-reported statistics for S&C automated feeder and lateral devices
State of Commercial & Industrial Reliability
For S&C’s “2021 State of Commercial & Industrial Power Reliability Report,” commercial and industrial energy managers across the U.S. were surveyed about their perspectives on power reliability. With 253 respondents whose average yearly revenue is $2.8 billion, the report provides a snapshot of these organizations’ experiences, preferences, and expectations around reliability. Find the full report below.
Self-healing grids are essential to improving reliability and ensuring grid stability amid these 21st century challenges.Learn More
S&C, a leader at integrating energy storage into the grid, draws on real-world expertise to ensure your energy storage project is a success.Learn More
Communities are increasingly deploying microgrids to achieve 21st century energy goals. S&C brings significant expertise to your microgrid deployment.Learn More
See our products in action and how they improve reliability.
- Grid Reliability and Its Impact on Customer Satisfaction
- Reevaluating CAIDI’s Relevance: Does it Measure Up to Modern Reliability Expectations?
- DistribuTECH 2018 Takeaways: The Future of Microgrids
- Backup Power: A Forgotten Cost of Resilience?
- A Smart Grid is a Strong Grid
- The Increasingly Persistent Problem of Momentary Outages
- At Last, the Secret to Radial Outages
- ‘DA Islanding’: Dedicated Communications for Faster Self-Healing Outage Repair
- Is Australia’s Focus on Cost Dismissing Today’s Reliability Demands?
- The Art (and Difficulty) of Monetizing Resilience
- Radio Systems for a Future Grid: Fast, Clear, and a Quick Response
- Some Power Utility Considerations Post-Maria for Puerto Rico
- If Reliability is the Absence of an Outage, Then What’s an Outage?
- From Supplying Current to Supplying Voltage, a Look at the Future Grid
- Two-Way Power Flow Isn’t ‘Coming’—It’s Already Been Affecting the Grid for Years
- 4 Ways to Manage the Changing Grid
- Customers Turn to Social Media to Vent on Momentary Outages: How Should Utilities React?
- My Experience with Hurricane Irma (and PulseClosing® Technology)
- A Growing Utility Dilemma: Momentary Power Outages
- 3 Best Practices for Telling the Smart Grid Story
- Building Unintentional Microgrids on Purpose
- Benefits of Increasing Grid Resilience to Weather Outages
- Service Reliability Estimates for U.S. Electric Utility Customers
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Electric Reliability Improvement Projects
- U.S. Department of Energy ICE Calculator
- Reliability Impacts Performance
- Moving Beyond Average Reliability Metrics